We are excited to share that Spread Love Events is hiring for the 2019 season! With exciting events on the horizon, we are looking to grow our event day team with the addition of amazing Wedding Day Assistants to make magic with us all season long.
About Spread Love Events:
Spread Love Events is a Vancouver based boutique event planning and design company specializing in weddings and celebration events. Lead by principal planner and creative director Ashley Bond, Spread Love has grown to include a team of collaborative and talented professionals. Our clients’ events take place all over Vancouver, B.C., and the world!
Known for our elegant and natural style, we plan, create and produce cohesively-designed events that are personal, polished and imaginative, resulting in joyful memories and the ultimate guest experience.
Our passion goes beyond pretty things. We play a role in our clients’ most important celebrations and pride ourselves in an exceptional level of service and dedication from each and every one of our team members. We take on a limited number of projects and events each season in order to offer the highest level of service and value the relationships we build with our clients, fellow vendors and our team. We give 110%, wear multiple hats and are calm under pressure. We love what we do and our goal will forever be to exceed our client’s expectations with grace and integrity. If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of in the capacity of a Wedding Day Assistant, we’d love to hear from you!
Wedding Day Assistant
The Wedding Day Assistant Role:
The “Wedding Day Assistant” provides integral support to the Spread Love Events team on wedding and event days, and leading up to. We at Spread Love Events wear the hat of Planners and Stylists, and together with the Spread Love Events team you will assist in both coordinating logistics and decor assembly, packing, set-up and tear-down. The day can be anywhere from 4-15 hours long (and often late into the night). This a great opportunity to gain hands on wedding experience and be part of an exceptional team.
Behind all of the pretty details there are to-the-minute schedules to manage, packing, loading and un-loading of supplies, and constant communication with the team, vendors and clients required. If you are graceful under pressure, with exceptional customer service skills, show initiative and are prepared to roll up your sleeves to make magic happen, we’d love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Before the wedding/event day..
• You will review Spread Love Events detailed event brief.
• A meeting will be scheduled with the Spread Love Events team prior to the event day to review details and answer any questions you may have about the day/weekend.
• You may be requested to join the team in-studio for a prep day(s), which may involve crafting, packing and organizing decor and supplies for the big day!
On the wedding/event day..
• Work collaboratively with the Spread Love Events team in on-site event day logistics
• Assist in managing a to-the-minute wedding day schedule, liaising with the bridal party, family and guests
• Assist and communicate with all vendors
• Assist with set-up and tear-down of the event decor plan (this may include carrying heavy boxes and climbing ladders)
You. . .
• You are organized, polished and professional
• Demonstrate constant initiative
• Have unparalleled attention to detail
• Have exceptional client service skills and enjoy going above and beyond for clients, fellow vendors and your team
• Have a positive attitude and are very personable
• Are resourceful and enjoy problem solving
• Handle stress with ease and remain graceful under pressure
• Are willing to sweat and be on your feet for long periods of time all while remaining positive
• Are a team player
• Are keen to learn about and grown within the wedding and events industry
• Enjoy Spread Love Events design aesthetic
• A positive, can-do attitude!
• Must be interested in the wedding and events industry
• Must be available to work weekends (May – September 2019), bonus if you are also available some weekdays
• Willing to travel outside of Vancouver (on ocassion), within B.C. (some weekend overnights may be required)
• Must have access to a computer, email and be familiar with excel
• Must have reliable transportation
To apply please e-mail all of the following to email@example.com, titled “Wedding Day Assistant”:
• Creative cover letter outling why you want to work with Spread Love Events, what you will contribute to our team, the experience you hope to gain (here’s your chance to “wow” us!)
• Two to three references
• Weekend Availability (May 2019 – September 2019)
• Weekday Availability (Please note if you have weekday availability for occasional weekday events or to provide support in event preparation at our Vancouver studio or running errands)
Closing Date: Saturday March 9th 2019
We thank all candidates for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls please. All resumes are handled in strictest confidence.
Thank you so much for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!